Please note this is a living document and subject to change at the discretion of the moderator team.
World of Women is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form.
This code of conduct applies to all World of Women spaces, including the Discord and Facebook Group, both online and off. Anyone who violates this code of conduct may be sanctioned or expelled from these spaces at the discretion of the moderator team.
If you are being harassed by a member of World of Women outside our spaces, we still want to know about it. We will take all good-faith reports of harassment by World of Women members and moderators seriously. This includes harassment outside our spaces and harassment that took place at any point in time. The moderator team reserves the right to exclude people from World of Women based on their past behavior, including behavior outside World of Women spaces and behavior towards people who are not in World of Women.
Some World of Women spaces may have additional rules in place, which will be made clearly available to participants. Participants are responsible for knowing and abiding by these rules.
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, age, race, or religion.
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment.
- Deliberate misgendering or use of ‘dead’ or rejected names.
- Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behaviour in spaces where they’re not appropriate.
- Physical contact and simulated physical contact (eg, textual descriptions like “*hug*” or “*backrub*”) without consent or after a request to stop.
- Threats of violence.
- Incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm.
- Deliberate intimidation.
- Stalking or following.
- Harassing photography, screenshots, or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes.
- Sustained disruption of discussion.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Pattern of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others.
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease.
- Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent except as necessary to protect vulnerable people from intentional abuse.
- Publication of non-harassing private communication.
World of Women prioritizes marginalized people’s safety over privileged people’s comfort.
The moderation team reserves the right not to act on complaints regarding:
- ‘Reverse’ -isms, including ‘reverse racism,’ ‘reverse sexism,’ and ‘cisphobia.’
- Reasonable communication of boundaries, such as “leave me alone”, “go away” or “I’m not discussing this with you”.
- Communicating in a ‘tone’ you don’t find congenial
- Criticizing racist, sexist, cissexist, or otherwise oppressive behavior or assumptions.
Reporting If you are being harassed by a member of World of Women, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the moderator team at via direct message. If the person who is harassing you is on the team, they will recuse themselves from handling your incident. We will respond as promptly as we can.
In order to protect members from abuse, we reserve the right to reject any report we believe to have been made in bad faith. Reports intended to silence legitimate criticism may be deleted without response.
We will respect confidentiality requests for the purpose of protecting victims of abuse. At our discretion, we may publicly name a person about whom we’ve received harassment complaints, or privately warn third parties about them, if we believe that doing so will increase the safety of World of Women members or the general public. We will not name harassment victims without their affirmative consent.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the moderator team may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from all World of Women spaces, and identification of the participant as a harasser to other World of Women members or the general public.
We reserve the right to remove anyone from the server, without notification, after investigation of harassment complaints.
World of Women is a spam free zone. Any members deemed to be spammers by the admin/mod team will be removed immediately without warning.
We reserve the right to delete any posts which contain spam, potentially malicious links or offensive comments.
Admin: Barbara Allen
Moderators: Rebecca Strang, Carly Roxanne Sargeant, Gisela Garcia-Corrales
Code of Conduct last reviewed and updated on 03 July 2018.